Momentum Credit Union is holding its 12th Annual Charity Golf Tournament and would like to encourage members, friends and family to join in the day’s events.
Tee off begins at 11:30am at Dragon’s Fire Golf Club (342 8th Concession, Flamborough) and all proceeds will be donated to Momentum Cares, Momentum CU’s own community investment fund.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Beth Marjanovich at 905.845.3441 x3004 or print and complete the registration brochure and send it to our Oakville branch at 1045 Industry St Oakville, ON L6J 5A8.
Good luck to all players!
Momentum Credit Union is participating in the Big Bike ride for Heart & Stroke on June 5th. Through Big Bike fundraising efforts in 2012 alone, the Heart & Stroke Foundation engaged over 40,000 riders in Canada and was able to raise over $7 million for research. Momentum’s team hopes to inspire and make a difference in the lives of thousands of people by supporting life-saving research and encouraging better cardiovascular health for Canadians.
Help support our cause by visiting a branch today and purchasing a heart for $1 or visit our webpage at the link below to make a donation to our team!
It’s that time of year again…spring is here! That means so long to snow and hello to sunshine… as well as all those added expenses. It’s that time of year where yard work and renovation projects seem endless and you want to take that extra vacation or make a special purchase just in time for summer. Don’t be discouraged when these expenses start to add up, take advantage of our DIY Line of Credit with a special Spring rate of 5.99% and manage your money the way you want to.
Having the money you need to do the things you want is a great feeling and we want to help you get there so you can have more time to enjoy the things you love.
Contact a branch today for more information!
With Canada performing well at London 2012, MCU is pleased to be showing our Olympic Spirit and National Pride. During the 2012 Summer Olympics, MCU will be dressing up for Canada, decorating our branches and tracking our medal successes. Where possible, we will be running Olympic coverage in the branches. So whether you are following swimming, cycling, judo, track, rowing or any other events, there is a good chance that you will be able to see the events here. There is no need to hold off on conducting your banking business until the end of an event. You’re welcome to stay and watch even the closest finishes.
Enjoy the games and GO CANADA GO!
Momentum Credit Union Limited is committed to maintaining the highest standards of corporate social responsibility in its business activities. To meet this commitment we seek to respect the rule of law, adopt appropriate standards, implement management systems and will strive to:
- Behave with honesty and integrity in all our activities and relationships with others.
- Maintain internal controls adequate to guide and ensure standards are met.
- Respect the rights and dignity of every employee and treat them fairly without discrimination.
- Encourage teamwork and knowledge sharing throughout the organization.
- Recognize employee’s individual and team contribution.
- Respect the diversity of the local community.
- Assist in the development of local community programs where we operate, in consultation with the public and other stakeholders.
- Identify, assess and manage human rights risks within our sphere of influence and activities.
- Develop a culture which supports respect for each other and our members, regardless of race, cultural, religious or sexual orientation.
- Seek to be honest and fair in our relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to abide by our standards.
- Aim to be conscious of the environmental footprint that our operation creates and to minimize the impact on the environment when financially comparable options exist.
In 2011, Momentum Credit Union developed the Momentum Cares Community Investment fund, in conjunction with the Ontario Credit Union Charitable Foundation.
Our community giving program centers on the following core themes. Momentum CARES will contribute to our host communities’ quality of life by supporting innovative programs in health, education, social services and the environment, as well as cultural and civic projects.
In addition, we have established a range of criteria through which we identify initiatives that might be appropriate to invest in.
Any initiative must:
- Relate to one or more of the core themes identified above.
- Be clearly relevant to Momentum’s aims and brand value.
- Be significant – with the giving focused around initiatives that will give Momentum Credit Union Limited presence and profile with the groups/communities involved.
- Offer opportunities for communication both across Momentum Credit Union Limited and in the local community.
- Be measurable, with performance indicators that evaluate both output and impact.
where possible, it is preferred that the community project offer opportunities for Momentum people to ‘get involved’ through volunteering activities.
Momentum CARES will not donate to:
- Individuals outside the company looking for charity fund-raising donations or personal sponsorship for fund-raising activities
- Political organizations
- Paid advertisements in charity brochures or event programs that do not support the core themes identified above.
Along with the new banking system, came changes to the look and feel of your statements. It has come to our attention that some of you are having difficulty reading and understanding your statements. Accordingly, MCU has produced a handy how to read your statement quick reference guide. This guide has been delivered in your most recent statement and is available in your branches or by clicking here
Also, as you can imagine statements are very expensive both in terms of dollars and in natural resources. As Momentum Credit Union is committed to both sound financial management and corporate social responsibility, we would encourage you to consider opting out of your paper statements and relying on your online statements. Hard copies can always be provided later upon request.
Welcome to the Momentum Blog. In our first post we thought it would make sense to update you on some of the changes and progress that we are making at your Credit Union.
As many of you are aware Momentum has implemented a new banking system and unfortunately some of you have been frustrated as a result of changes and glitches. We are pleased to advise that we have expressed our concerns to our system supplier and that we have made significant progress over the past several weeks at getting these problems solved. We are working very hard both internally and with our supplier and expect that any outstanding issues will be resolved as quickly as possible. Also, we have been working with our staff to provide additional training in order to improve the speed and accuracy of your in branch transactions.
We are also very pleased to announce that Carol Fleming will be returning to Momentum as the Community Branch Manager for the Hamilton Region effective May 1, 2012. Carol had worked with us as a teller and lending in the past and has extensive experience in the Credit Union system. Carol has excellent product and service knowledge, is great with people and is fully committed to providing exceptional member service. We are confident that Carol has the skills and ability to coach and guide our Hamilton Team to outstanding results.
Please keep your eyes posted to the Momentum Blog for further updates and please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts. Momentum will be monitoring the site for inappropriate material and will remove posts that are inappropriate.